Problems with 1 Password Login (iPhone 12 Pro Max)

JC1975
JC1975
Community Member
edited May 2021 in iOS

Dear all,

I have recently acquired a brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max (I have been using the iPhone Xs for a while). For the backup of information I have selected the backup on iCloud and by the time I was performing the login on the apps as I reached 1Password app I faced a problem. It never happened before with my previous phone (Xs) but on this new phone for some reason I cannot recover any of my information that I had associated (i.e. site passwords). I do not understand what did I do wrong as with my previous phone it was a very smooth process and very easy going. Now it seems that I lost all information. From what I can understand as I am able to log in the app it should be quite easy to recover the associated information with my e-mail account and master password - that I have already provided. As I select the option "add an existing account" it appears some fields to fullfill and one of them is "URL of session start". Never seen that before...I believe that there is information associated with my username by the time I have done the registration, correct? Could you please be so kind and give me some help on this? Thank you in advance. Regards, Joao

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JC1975!

It sounds like you might be trying to login in the wrong place: you only have a Sign In Address if your data is hosted on 1Password.com, but from what you wrote it sounds like your data might be stored on iCloud instead. Can you confirm what your data location is?

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana!

Thanks for your answer. Indeed I have done the backup of my previous iPhone using the iCloud. I thought that it would be the easiest way to recover my apps data by the time I would need it for the setup of the the new iPhone. It happens that for some reason, by the time I tried to login in the 1Password app specifically - as I did in other apps - all the information that I had associated had disappeared. In all the other apps in the backup I could login and recover the data associated. I was wondering if this might happened because I am not a paid user. But even if it was the case, it would be strange because it paid users have access to some features that the non paid user do not have but at the end of the day, the data would be stored. If this is the reason, sadly I lost a huge amount of information using 1Password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

It happens that for some reason, by the time I tried to login in the 1Password app specifically - as I did in other apps - all the information that I had associated had disappeared.

What do you see when you open the 1Password app on your iPhone? Are you prompted for your Master Password, or do you see something else?

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Hi an_ana. By the time I had it installed on my previous iPhone all the data appeared, by the time I opened the 1Password app. I have attached some print screens for your reference (sorry about the language - it is in Portuguese) but I think that you might see what I am talking about.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

Thank you for the screenshots! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Does the report goes directly through the app? I followed all the steps but I could not get a copy of it to send it for your e-mail address. Nevertheless I got #UCX-71545-885 (I am sorry but I created this ticket because I could not see all the questions and I have made another report). Not sure if I could help you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

Yes, you can generate a report directly within the 1Password app. What happens when you try to send it? And don't worry about the duplicate discussion, once we have managed to get a report we can certainly continue via email so we have everything in one place.

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Steps that I have followed: (1) Open 1Password app -> (2) Advanced -> (3) Diagnostics -> (4) Send Diagnostics - (5) (open a webpage on Safari and I have selected I don't see my problem listed) - (6) (another set of options appear and I have selected I don't have a 1 Password account and want to sync my data to a new device) - > (7) I fill the fields with my name, e-mail and write 2 lines of text - > (8) Click on "Contact Support". By this time you already have 3 messages from me! Please let me know if I am doing this correctly. Particularly on step nr (4) because that's the only thing that I am doing (I am not entering the below option Usage and Diagnostic Data)...have attached more 2 photos about what I am talking

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

(4) Send Diagnostics

What happens exactly when you tap on the Send Diagnostics entry?

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Please see the 4 print screens by the time I select "Send diagnostics from this device". On the last screen I have been selecting "e-mail" and by the time I do that a form appears and I fullfill it with the necessary information. I send it and receive a confirmation that it has been sent to your Support (do not recall the exact words)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

After tapping on the button to send the report, your Mail app on iOS should open for you. Are you by chance using a third party email app, and you uninstalled Apple Mail from your device?

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Yes. I am using a third party e-mail app (Spark). I have been changing some e-mails messages with a colleague of yours. We have concluded two important aspects. One of them is that I did not have an 1Password account and consequently a synchronization of data was not granted due to that fact. The other conclusion was that I have not followed the iCloud backup steps defined for 1Password app. I have never heard about that. By the time I usually do the iCloud backups I understand that it copies the information (and phone setup) and replicates in the new phone. It worked for all the other apps that I had on the old telephone and that migrated to the new telephone. Just for 1Password it did not work so well. At the end of the day that's the way Apple works and it is quite fine for me. The issue here is that I did not followed the steps for 1Password backup. Adding this to the fact that I did not have an 1Password account I would bet at this moment that I lost all the information. The also came to the conclusion that I did use 1Password app for a while but only for store data on my old telephone. By the time I passed to the new phone all the information was lost as there was no synchronization or backup process in place.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JC1975:

Thank you for the update! Since you are already in contact with us via email, I will let you continue the conversation over there so you don't need to post updates in multiple places :+1:

ref: UCX-71545-885

• JC1975
    JC1975
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your support. Keep well and safe!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.