Chrome extension shows red exclamation mark and never connects

Mac OS X: 10.7.4 (on 2010 MacBook Pro)
Chrome: 19.0.1084.46
Chrome 1Password extension: 3.9.4.39499
1Password: 3.8.19 (build 31419)

A red exclamation mark appears on 1password extension icon after 2 or 3 seconds I start up chrome.

When I click on it it asks for master password, so I enter the password, and it displays "Connecting: 1" where 1 counts up forever.

It was working fine until last week, and it's working fine with Firefox and Safari.

I saw some similar cases on this forum, so I checked the version, did "Check for Updates", uninstall/reinstall the extension, but nothing helps.

I would appreciate any help.

Comments

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    Welcome to the forums, rgoura. Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • Thank you for your reply.

Something strange is happening...

I followed Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report and clicked "Export" button,
    but "1Password Troubleshooting.html" is absent in the specified location.

I tried some other location (other than default "Documents") but in vain.

Should I try re-installing 1Password?
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    edited May 2012
    Try resetting folder permissions from within 1Password:

Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions

And then try generating the report again. If that doesn't work, download this standalone tool to generate a report:

http://i.agilebits.c...diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use the Finder (or Spotlight) to locate 1Password_diagnostics in your browser’s download folder. If the located file name ends with “.zip”, the browser has not already expanded the downloaded archive so please double-click it to force it to be expanded.

The expanded download result you are looking for will be a Unix Executable File (as reported in the Finder’s “Kind” column when in list view) named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking that file will cause a Terminal window to appear, automatically downloading the latest (possibly unreleased) copy of the 1Password Diagnostics Report tool and will run it for you.

Hopefully it will show you instructions at the end on how to save the resulting Diagnostics Report from your web browser so that it can be attached to an email message to us.

Any output seen in the Terminal window may help to determine additional problems with permissions on your system that could impact 1Password. Please copy the entire output (easy way: Command-A, followed by Command-C) and paste it into your email for us to look at.
This discussion has been closed.