Connect Server Readiness Endpoint

mcmarkj
mcmarkj
Community Member

Hi,

I'm wanting to ensure that my 1Password Connect Server is Highly Available as it's going to be used by multiple applications and downtime would be detrimental to our development output.

Is there an API endpoint like /v1/readiness /v1/status etc that I can hit to ensure the server is operational?
I don't want to have to pass a token in the request just for a blackbox uptime monitor just to check the API is ready.

Thanks
Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi mcmarkj,

Both the connect-api and connect-sync containers have both health and readiness endpoints available. My apologies for the missing official documentation on them. While we work to update the documentation I will include the quick tl;dr here for you.

• /heartbeat – An unauthenticated endpoint that can be used to verify that the container is alive and serving requests
    • /health – An unauthenticated endpoint that can be used to check the status of the system. It includes information on:
      • The state of the shared volume
      • The status of the local account
      • The connection to 1password.com
      • The state of sync
        Optional: If get make an Authenticated request to /health the containers will unlock and perform first sync.

As a bonus to using these endpoints for high availability you there is also a Prometheus metrics endpoint at /metrics that can be used to further monitor the performance and health of the containers.

• mcmarkj
    mcmarkj
    Community Member

Fantastic, thanks so much James.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of James, you are welcome @mcmarkj! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.