Better support for markdown

Options
siddharthgoel88
siddharthgoel88
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using Secure Notes as per personal Journal and use Markdown for its formatting. But the support of markdown is very basic and I would like to request to have it improved. I currently need to first write it down in another editor and then copy it over. Some improvement ideas are :

• Better editor with real-time rendering view.
  • Support all standard feature of markdown (eg. I tried creating TOC with links but it does not work)
  • Have an extra layer to password to Secure Notes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:markdown support

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @siddharthgoel88!

Thank you for the suggestions! Can you clarify on what you mean by "Have an extra layer to password to Secure Notes"?

• siddharthgoel88
    siddharthgoel88
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hello Ana ( @ag_ana ),

"Have an extra layer to password to Secure Notes." --> I meant "Have an extra layer for password protection of Secure Notes." . So even when I have logged into 1password, these special secure notes could ask for another password/face unlock to open (like LastPass if I remember correctly). My reason for this extra layer is because I use it for journaling and it is so personal, that I feel that it requires an extra layer. I am okay to lose a password in that 10 min window where my 1password is logged in (say I forgot to lock my laptop) but I am totally not okay to anyone to even have a glimpse of it anytime.

Also it would be really awesome if we could be better UI/UX for editing of Secure Notes. I am quite sure that a lot of people would be looking for it.

Does it makes sense?

Thanks,
    Siddharth

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @siddharthgoel88, thank you for the clarification! I have passed your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#230

• siddharthgoel88
    siddharthgoel88
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way that this request could be tracked? Like was it included in the roadmap? May be when can we have this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021
    Options

@siddharthgoel88:

We don't have an ETA yet, but all of the requests are still logged in our system (there are three of them, one for each of the points you mentioned in your original post). We are currently still collecting feedback on this, so the best way would be to keep an eye out on the release notes :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#433

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#242

• siddharthgoel88
    siddharthgoel88
    Community Member
    Options

Noted @ag_ana . Thanks for your prompt reply.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @siddharthgoel88 :)

• Ryan Parman
    Ryan Parman
    Community Member
    Options

Same, but I would recommend https://github.com/github/cmark-gfm as the engine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @Ryan Parman :+1:

This discussion has been closed.