Credit Card Expiration Date not importing from LastPass

Hello!

I was exporting from LastPass to 1Password by the following methods:

• Exported from Chrome Extension to CSV
  • Exported from Lastpass.com to Clipboard

The import process works smoothly for both and my logins / passwords are all imported. The only problem I see is that the the credit card expiration dates don't get imported into LastPass. I can see the expiration date does get exported in the CSV and its all dumped into a "Notes" column. Perhaps that's not getting read by 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hi @techtroubles101 !

Maybe you should try the "MrC Converter Suite" made by @MrC . There are a lot of other password managers integrated, and the result is much better than the "normal" import process. :)

You can find the suite here: https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@techtroubles101

Indeed, the lastpass converter in the converter suite handles the dates:

Here are the import and export types supported by it:

and a sample run against my LastPass test data:

If you only have few items where you need to correct your dates, it might be faster to correct them within 1Password. But if you have many, it's better to use the converter to process them before import (and/or if you want better conversion of LastPass' various categories).

• Hey @techtroubles101 👋

Were you able to get your Credit Card data imported correctly using MrC's converter suite? Just checking in on you!

• techtroubles101
    techtroubles101
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hey @Blake yes I was able to get it to work. It took a few days to get to this as I saw there were a few steps and I had to also overcome command prompt fears, but nevertheless I got through it! Woohoo!

Thanks to everyone who helped @MrC and @DenalB

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @techtroubles101, that's great to hear :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@techtroubles101
    You are very welcome! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:)

• techtroubles101
    techtroubles101
    Community Member

Did the web import tool get upgraded somehow? I was struggling to teach my partner to set this up on their Mac after re-adding that Windows and Mac MRC conversion into 1PIF aren't cross compatible. They were a little uncomfortable installing an additional piece of software so decided to first try the standard web export and web import, and to our surprise, the credit card expiry dates were all carried over already!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@techtroubles101:

I have looked at the changelog and I see several mentions of improvements to the importer tool, so it's definitely possible that one of those also addressed this specific behavior :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@techtroubles101 , @ag_ana

It used to be that a 1PIF created on one platform would import fine on another. I used to test this routinely when I was developing and testing converters. But at some point not too long ago, the Windows importer, I believe, become more particular, in the line endings it would accept. I have posted on this somewhere here in the forum. I don't think this was ever resolved.

• techtroubles101
    techtroubles101
    Community Member

@MrC Thanks. I was troubleshooting helping my partner setup yesterday and advised them to use the converter tool. I volunteered to do this since it was already setup on my PC, but we struggled for a while with USB sticks transferring back to their Mac and trying to get it to import and couldn't figure it out until I read a few posts on here letting me know they're not compatible--I had thought this was more like a CSV file where either platform can read them. When I was about to setup the importer tool on Mac instead, we decided to give the good old export copy paste a try and somehow everything worked! Credit card expiration dates were carried over.

@ag_ana I was so curious after last night I decided to wipe my own vault, re-import from LastPass but somehow it just doesn't work for me. The credit cards just don't import with the expiry dates. Maybe it's how we have them setup on LastPass and that may be why my partner was able to get the web import tool to work. Strange for sure though.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@techtroubles101

You are correct, it was, and should be (fixed to once again be) a cross-platform format.

I'd thought about adding seeing how I could resolve this, but the usage case was rather low. Typically, users want to take their exports from one format, and do the conversion / import on another platform. And this can be satisfied by several of the specific converters. But it has been rare, in the feedback I've received, for users to convert on one platform, and then move the 1PIF elsewhere. So the converter just uses the platform's native line ending encoding sequence.

• pldac
    pldac
    Community Member

Or there is a much easier way! In either the txt/csv you create, simply do a search & replace. Replace "Expiration date" with "expiry date"; without the inverted commas. As always, validate your new data before destroying original copies. Come on 1Password, you can fix this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

This discussion has been closed.