Ability to mark fields as 'copyable' and copy data with one button

amer_mahmud
amer_mahmud
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Android

There are instances when I want to copy data from 1Password to share as text either through email or an instant messaging app, usually bank account information for someone that needs to transfer money to my account. Currently, the only way to share such information from 1Password (that I know of) is to copy each individual field and paste, one by one, .e.g. bank name, name on account, account number, IBAN.

The only share type option I see is the "Share Link" option but I believe only works for other users of 1Password as well?

It would be great to have the ability to mark certain fields of an item as "Copyable/Shareable" and have a button that copies the field name and value (each on a separate line) so that I can paste it where I need. Or at least, a copy button that starts a process to let me select which fields I want copied (so it would be dynamic each time and wouldn't require any additional storage in 1Password).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amer_mahmud!

The only share type option I see is the "Share Link" option but I believe only works for other users of 1Password as well?

You also have additional options other than sharing the link:

You wrote that you typically share this information via instant messaging or email, so the share menu should be helpful :)

• amer_mahmud
    amer_mahmud
    Community Member

Ah I should have mentioned I primarily use the Android app. Also, while I do use 1Password on a Mac, I don't use Mail or Messages :)

Plus on a non mobile device, it isn't as annoying to copy one field at a time. On a mobile, have to switch between apps, unlocking 1Password each time (using fingerprint but still a lot of finger maneuvers). Though, even for desktop /laptop devices it still would be nice to copy in one go!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@amer_mahmud:

Thank you for confirming what platform you are using. I have moved your discussion to the Android section of the forum to see if we can get you some platform-specific suggestions :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@amer_mahmud:

I have heard back from the team with an update: unfortunately in 1Password for Android you can currently only share links to items, so the workaround would indeed be to copy and paste the fields. Sorry I don't have more encouraging updates!

• ericchase
    ericchase
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

unfortunately in 1Password for Android you can currently only share links to items

Yes... That was the complaint from OP.

Fortunately, other password managers CAN do what you want very easily. I suggest giving the SafeInCloud password manager a try as it can do exactly what you want:

Account info:

Copy it in plaintext:

Paste it wherever you want:

• ag_audrey
    edited May 2021

@ericchase, thank you for your input.

@amer_mahmud, thank you very much for your suggestion. I've gone ahead and passed your request along to our development team.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#579

• amer_mahmud
    amer_mahmud
    Community Member

@ericchase thanks for the example screenshots!

@ag_audrey thank you for passing it on. Just want to reiterate, would be nice to be able to choose (either before hand or on the fly) which fields to copy, so that sensitive fields, like passwords are not copied as shown in the screenshots for the SafeInCloud password manager.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you again for the feedback @amer_mahmud, noted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.