Android autofill in certain apps

This discussion was created from comments split from: autofill not always showing up on native android apps.

Comments

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

I have the same issue and have been mentioning it a lot I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that has similar issues including not filling in the password. :(

1passpword works great on my Chromebook an Acer 513 spin but not so well on my android phone.

• Hi @kram5819. in some cases, Autofill requires an extra step. When you notice this issue, follow these steps:
    1. Tap into the password field and hold your finger there for a second.
    2. Tap ⋮ from the menu that pops up.
    3. Tap Autofill from there.

This should trigger Autofill in many cases where it doesn't happen automatically.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Tap ⋮ from the menu that pops up.<<< a menu won't pop up. All the time.. There has to be a bug or something when I use Bitwarden it works 100% of the time 1password doesn't, and I am not sure why? As a test I also tried it in LastPass and same thing no issue. Again, I am talking about on my android device, a Samsung note 9 running android 10.

As am example, when I go to say Wells Fargo I see the Bitwarden "vault locked" when I press on that it takes me to my vault I unlock it, and it asks to autofill & save I say yes and BAM... it fills in the info 100% of the time 1 password occasionally asks but only fills in the user ID not the user ID and password... and I KNOW its not a setting issue because when I make Bitwarden the default or last pass the default they both work 100% 1 password doesn't :( :(

On my Acer 513 spin though it works 100% I really love 1password BUT I hope a fix is in order for the issue I have...

• ericchase
    ericchase
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hi @kram5819. in some cases, Autofill requires an extra step. When you notice this issue, follow these steps:
    This should trigger Autofill in many cases where it doesn't happen automatically.

Except that it still doesn't 100% of the time, even after years of asking.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Tried that it doesn't work

• Hey @kram5819, I've responded your email. Please continue our conversation in one place.

ref: KTR-94662-985

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Hey @kram5819, I've responded your email. Please continue our conversation in one place.>> continue it here, so I can keep track... better yet, fix this please 1password is the only one that does this. I may migrate fully to Bitwarden if you can't fix this. All day today Bitwarden had worked 100% of the time """""""""""""""""""""0 """"""""""""""""""""" issues with android or my Chromebook I DO NOT have to do THIS on Bitwarden why do I need to this on 1password... it is annoying!!

Autofill requires an extra step. When you notice this issue, follow these steps:

WHY DO I NEED TO DO THE STEP SUGGESTED ABOVE???

This is NOT necessary on Bitwarden or last pass.................. It is frustrating and does not always work

LONGPRESSING does nothing....

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS........................

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kram5819:

I see that my colleagues have replied to your email already :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation over there.

Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.