Watchtower and haveibeenpwned

Options

I just got a notification from haveibeenpwned where I'm subscribed to saying one of my email addresses have been leaked in the Nitro data breach of 20-Sep-2020 (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/massive-nitro-data-breach-impacts-microsoft-google-apple-more/=)

I wonder since why watchtower haven't stated a warning. May be I misunderstand the watchtower functionality. Can somebody please explain?

In addition to that, I have an idea for a 1password feature request: similar to Music and Finder in macOS allow to create smart folder/smart searches e. g. to "show all accounts, password, logins using email address xyz and not changed after a particular date". This would really help to identify the potentially corrupted password. I have more than 300 objects in my 1password vault.

One site note: Since I'm using pdf capabilities with professional tools, I can't really say whether I've ever been subscribed to the Nitro services. So I "really wonder"/would like to know how my email address got in there data base...Sharing data between services/businesses is far away from governance...even in times of GDPR.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I think Watchtower currently only looks at your main email address, but I believe AgileBits are looking at being able to add other addresses.

• @djiwondee

Hopefully that is something we can consider as we continue to build out Watchtower.

• occamsrazor
    occamsrazor
    Community Member
    Options

"In addition to that, I have an idea for a 1password feature request: similar to Music and Finder in macOS allow to create smart folder/smart searches e. g. to "show all accounts, password, logins using email address xyz and not changed after a particular date". This would really help to identify the potentially corrupted password. I have more than 300 objects in my 1password vault."

I second this feature request for "smart folders", it would be an awesome addition.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@occamsrazor:

Thank you for this suggestion as well!

This discussion has been closed.