[Feature] Marking a site as having a second factor enrolled (like U2F)

Options
rickmark
rickmark
Community Member

I really appreciate that 1Password lets me know that second factors are available for sites, but I tend to use either U2F/Webauthn or TOTP via Yubikey (it's best if the second factors aren't ya know - both in your password manager?). There doesn't seem to be a way of marking "yep, I setup 2FA outside 1P" in items.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

You can add the tag “2FA” to get rid of those warnings.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rickmark:

XIII is right, let us know how it goes :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You can add the tag “2FA” to get rid of those warnings.

I'm using this tag to mark entries where I enabled 2FA because there is no special category for 2FA-enabled entries. So I'm using the tag to be able to filter all of these entries.

To get rid of this message I disabled checking for 2FA.

But that's not the perfect solution. A better way would be to implement a possibility to either mark entries as 2FA-enabled or to be able to filter for 2FA-entries without having to use a special tag. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB:

A better way would be to implement a possibility to either mark entries as 2FA-enabled or to be able to filter for 2FA-entries without having to use a special tag.

Indeed, I think the team is investigating something along these lines for the future :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Great @ag_ana ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• bhanafee
    bhanafee
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for integrating this. I use a 2FA tag, but often forget to add it after adding 2FA. A filter "show websites with one-time passwords"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @bhanafee, noted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.