Saying incorrect password after the update

Hello i am using 1Password on Phone, Windows and Chrome. I am trying to introduce my password on Chrome and Windows and is saying it is incorrect but on the android phone is saying is correct and works great. I already check the password language, input type and to write it on a visible box and copy/paste it but didn't work. How do i fix it? I clearly know my password then i am not stupid.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Jerpelea ,

Can you please try the following and see if it helps:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.
  • kaltorak
    kaltorak
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I don't know whether that helped @Jerpelea , but i'm browsing the forum with the same symptoms, and it did fix MY version of the same problem. Thanks! But what's that all about? With the Integration switched off, am i configured the way I want to be?

I thought perhaps this meant I need to update the desktop app, but the desktop app (7.7.805) says it's up to date and won't acknowledge my master password, just like the browser version didn't before I flipped the switch as recommended by @ag_yaron .

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kaltorak .

If that worked, it means your desktop app is expecting a different Master Password (possibly an older one that you no longer use). To get everything working properly, you'll want to reset the desktop app and re-add your account to it, then you will be able to turn on the integration feature:

1. Log into your account at https://my.1password.com and make sure that all your data is there and nothing is missing. We're going to reset the desktop app and delete everything from it, so this is your backup source.
    2. Once you made sure everything is there and stored safely in your 1Password.com account, reset your 1Password desktop app like so: https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/
    3. After resetting the desktop app, open it and re-add your 1Password.com account to it. After a few moments all of your data will show up back inside the app and it will now be able to integrate with your browser.
    4. Go into 1Password's settings page in the browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" and see if everything is working as expected.
This discussion has been closed.