Add 'is empty' search query for advanced search (feature request)

Options
Charmander
Charmander
Community Member

I didn't find a way to solve this without doing a lot of manual work, so I'm assuming this goes right in the feature request bucket. Let's do this PM style:

Story
As an advanced search user I want to quickly identify stored entries with empty fields

Acceptance criteria:
AC1) Advanced search for empty fields like tags, passwords or usernames

Problem description & user feedback
A stored password might contain several empty fields and it's very hard via advanced search to identify these. Some things I ran into:

• I have tags set-up, about 10 different ones, but to identify my passwords that were saved without tags (because the previous chrome extension didn't support adding those right away) I have to create 10 custom 'tag > is not' queries. (see screenshot)
  • This function is clearly not built for searching for multiple things of the same field as it switches the field type every time I add another rule
  • I would like an 'is empty' search field to quickly identify whether I have passwords where either the username was not stored properly, the password was not, the tags are empty, the account credentials need to be updated

1Password Version: 7.8.4 (70804003)
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Mac OS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search query

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Charmander!

Would a search "Number of tags is zero" work for you? Here is a screenshot of what it would look like in 1Password for Mac:

• Charmander
    Charmander
    Community Member
    Options

Ah I see there’s a range of ‘number of’ filters, that would definitely work! Thanks I completely overlooked it because I expected the first search field to be only fields in stead of a logic based field like number of

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's nice to hear @Charmander, I am happy I could help :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.