Fill Login shortcuts working inconsistently in Safari

DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited May 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
In Safari 5.0.5 (OS X 10.6. 8), the Fill Login shortcuts (both command + slash and command + control +slash) have stopped working for some sites, such as constantcontact.com or forum.agilebits.com. Other sites are fine, and for the problem ones, clicking the 1P icon and choosing Fill Login works fine too.

The problem does not occur in either Firefox or Chrome. Deleting Safari preferences or uninstalling and reinstalling the 1P extension for Safari doesn't change anything.

Is this likely a Safari or 1P problem, and in any event, how can I solve it?

Thank you,

David

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey David,

I love how excited this forum gets about OS X 10.6.8. 8)

It sounds like the Helper may not be running when you are having this problem. Can you try a couple things for me?

1. Open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and check to see if the 1PasswordAgent process is running when you have trouble with the keyboard shortcut.
    2. When you have the problem, is it only on certain sites or does the shortcut cease to work on all sites at the same time when it occurs? It sounds like the former, but I want to double-check that it isn't the latter. Your confirmation of this will be helpful in tracking down the matter.

Try this:

1. Record the details of the Login for the site where you are having trouble in a Secure Note.
    2. Delete the Login item
    3. Log into the site by hand
    4. Confirm that you want to save a new Login item

Does it improve with the new Login item?

I'm not able to reproduce the problem here, but I'm hoping that might help you.

Please let me know and provide any additional details that you can which might help narrow down the issue further.

Thanks!
  • DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

It sounds like the Helper may not be running when you are having this problem. Can you try a couple things for me?

1. Open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and check to see if the 1PasswordAgent process is running when you have trouble with the keyboard shortcut.
    2. When you have the problem, is it only on certain sites or does the shortcut cease to work on all sites at the same time when it occurs? It sounds like the former, but I want to double-check that it isn't the latter. Your confirmation of this will be helpful in tracking down the matter.

Try this:

1. Record the details of the Login for the site where you are having trouble in a Secure Note.
    2. Delete the Login item
    3. Log into the site by hand
    4. Confirm that you want to save a new Login item

Does it improve with the new Login item?

Thank you for the suggestions.

Activity Monitor shows that 1Password Agent is running. Also, the problem is only on certain sites; others are fine.

I tried creating a new Login item but it didn't change anything. I do notice now that clicking on the item in the 1P main window Logins list for that site takes me to the correct page but doesn't fill in the Login. (Not sure that was the case before.)

David
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I think I know what the problem is. You're using an old version of the 1Password extension with an old version of Safari. You'll need to update both to get improved form filling.

Please update Safari to the latest version and then install the new 1Password extension in Safari from 1Password's preferences on the Browsers pane.

If you're still having trouble please let me know. :)
This discussion has been closed.