Browser extension not showing the custom vault logo

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all,
on Google Chrome, the 1Password in your browser extension does not show my custom vault icon for my private vault, but only the generic one. However the custom icons are displayed for other vaults I created. What can I do fix that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Manaburner ,

Does the issue persists if you remove 1Password from your browser completely, then install it back into the browser?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    unfortunately reinstalling the extension does not help, the logo is still missing

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner:

Would you be willing to send us some extension logs so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you? You can email them to us at support+x@1password.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    I've sent the log however I did only receive an automated reply without ticket number. Should I wait some more?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Manaburner ,
    It might take a little while longer until we get to your email in the queue.

In the meantime, I'd like to clarify how exactly can I reproduce this issue here. So far here's what I've tried:
    1. I logged into my account at https://my.1password.com
    2. I clicked the grey gear button under my personal vault that was listed there in the main page to edit it.
    3. I clicked the vault's icon to change it, then the PLUS icon to upload my own.
    4. I uploaded my own icon and saved the changes - the new icon showed up in my 1Password extension in Chrome almost immediately (when I open the extension from its icon on the top right corner of the browser and select the grey gear icon -> Vault -> Personal/Private.

Did you do anything differently?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    I have uploaded a custom icon and I'm using it for as long as I'm using 1Password.eu.
    So I have not recently changed the icon.
    My problem is that every other custom vault icon is showing in the browser extension and also in the desktop app.
    Only the icon of my private vault does display as the generic vault icon in the browser extension, but it's fine anywhere else.
    Browser extension:

1Password Windows App:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying @Manaburner .

Would you mind, for testing purposes, to change the vault's icon like I described, and see if it then changes properly in the extension as well? Pick any picture/screenshot on your computer to test it with.

After you are done testing, you can re-upload your original vault icon back.
    Let me know if the issue persists because I'm not able to reproduce the issue here and the icon does change immediately when I upload a new one.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    after using a new image, the icon changed immediately, as you described. I'll keep the new one because I like it better. Thank you for your help :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I’m glad to hear it! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.