Scrolling Via Keyboard When Mouse Cursor Is Over Display Causes Jumping

Options
jfelchner
jfelchner
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

I'd love to be able to show you all a video of this but I don't currently have the time to create a special entry that has no secure information that I can share.

Reproduction:

1. Open mini
  2. Navigate via the arrow keys to the details section (username field) of an item that is longer than a page height (I'd go for like twice the page height)
  3. Place the mouse arrow somewhere towards the mid point of the visible detail section so that it "hover highlights" an item there

So at this point you should have two UI states accessed at the same time:

3a. You have keyboard focus on the username field
3b. You have mouse hover focus on a field in the midpoint of the detail section

1. Now use the arrow keys to arrow down (rapidly generally works best).

What appears to be happening is that, as the detail screen scrolls due to the keyboard navigation, at some point the mouse re-attaches focus to whatever field it is (now due to the scroll) hovering over. This results in a "skipping" effect.

Said another way: As you arrow down you'll be on field 10 (for example) at the bottom of the detail screen, but then, because the mouse focus is higher up (at the midpoint where you left it), it'll attach focus to field 5 (for example), then the arrow down focus will re-start from that point.

Hopefully that's clear enough. If I absolutely have to, I can repro with a video, but I'd rather not. 😂

1Password Version: 7.7-BETA11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jfelchner

I relocated your post to the Mac beta section, where it can get the attention it deserves.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

Great, but just to be clear this was happening on 7.6 as well. Maybe before that. I'm not entirely sure on where it started.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jfelchner:

If you would like to send us the video privately, you can email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh. 😂 Ok. What is your all's public GPG key?

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Just sent a movie to support+forum@agilebits.com. The email is not encrypted but the attachment is encrypted with your GPG key.

ref: VXQ-76636-141

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben It's been six months and this is still an issue. What's happening here?

This discussion has been closed.