Edge extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 7 Mini Behavior.

Comments

• OG_Ricsta
    OG_Ricsta
    Community Member

I have the browser extension installed for Edge and yet when I trigger mini while Edge is focused it tells me to install the Edge extension. Can you please just show the proper default list in mini regardless of which application has focus? I have it set to show favourites and 1Password 6 would do that. Now with 1Password 7 my favourites are hidden whenever I use Edge – which is exactly when I need to use the favourites. This only occurs in Edge. Chrome seems aware that the extension is installed.

1Password Extension in Edge also does not use Dark Mode. Safari and Chrome all use Dark Mode.

Another related issue: In Safari Technology Preview, when I trigger mini, the regular Safari app is opened.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OG_Ricsta:

Can you confirm what version of the browser extension you have installed in Chrome, and which one in Edge?

• OG_Ricsta
    OG_Ricsta
    Community Member

The Edge one is version 1.24.2
    The Chrome one is 4.7.5.9

• tormodg
    tormodg
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I have the same issue with Edge. I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Bug Sur 11.4 and the 1P mini stopped working in Edge (I just get the "Install for Edge" popup).

(I have never been able to make it work in Chrome on my Mac)

1Password version: 7.8.4 (70804003)
    1Password extension version: 4.7.5.90
    Edge browser version: 91.0.864.37

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OG_Ricsta:

Thank you! Please install the same version of the browser extension in Edge too, if the one you have installed in Chrome is the one you like. Here is the download link for you:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tormodg:

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see when you click on the browser extension button in Edge?

• tormodg
    tormodg
    Community Member

@ag_ana it fixed itself. It seems 1Password (the main app) was caught in an upgrade loop, because I kept getting a popup saying "You are up to date" from the 1Password updater. I forced quit 1Password and restarted it, and after that everything seems to be working fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That would explain it @tormodg, thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working again after a restart :)

• OG_Ricsta
    OG_Ricsta
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I checked this morning and the Edge extension had already updated itself to 2.0.1

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@OG_Ricsta Is everything working correctly after the update? or are you still seeing the message to install the extension?

• OG_Ricsta
    OG_Ricsta
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Yes it fixed dark mode and the nagging to install

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear it :)

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

After today's (June 3) Edge Chromium update of the 1Passport extension, this error occurs when I click on the icon. extension://dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem/app/app.html#/page/welcome

I removed and reinstalled the ext. from the Microsoft Store with no luck. Same with unloading Edge completely and reloading it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried turning integration off @frokeefe ?

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.
  • wigster
    wigster
    Community Member

I confirm that there is some kind of serious issue with 1PWD 2.0.2 and the new Edge Dev 92.0.902.2. Many website begin to show up but then I get an error page with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION . Disabling integration with the app does not seem to help. Edge Stable v91 still works fine.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wigster ,
    This discussion is not about Edge Dev. Edge Dev is not a stable version and we cannot guarantee smooth operations of 1Password (or any other extension for that matter).

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

After today's (June 3) Edge Chromium update of the 1Passport extension, this error occurs when I click on the icon. extension://dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem/app/app.html#/page/welcome

I removed and reinstalled the ext. from the Microsoft Store with no luck. Same with unloading Edge completely and reloading it.

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

I resolved the problem by removing the Edge extension and downloading/installing the Google Chrome extension. Now it works okay. Thanks for your advice ag_yaron.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @frokeefe. Do things seem to be working well with the Chrome extension in Edge?

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

So far (5:20 PM), so good. It works now.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@frokeefe – I'm curious about the error you're seeing in Edge. Do you happen to have a screenshot? The same page opens for me, but I'm not seeing any sign of an error.

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, I cut/pasted the link I had posted, extension://dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem/app/app.html#/page/welcome , and now Edge blocks it. The message read something like "undetermined error please contact support".

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@frokeefe – I'm getting confused because I can't tell if you've purposely reposted the same post four times or if that's a glitch. When you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, do you immediately see an error?

When you right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and select Settings, can you scroll to the bottom of that page? Do you see your 1Password account signed in there?

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

Hi, Kaitlyn. I see only my 2 different posts. Yes, the error "unknown database error" occurs immediately, but not all the time. Microsoft Edge Chromium just now updated to: Version 91.0.864.48 (Official build) (64-bit)
    1Password v. 2.0.2.
    Right clicking on the extension - all items are turned on except privacy.com.
    Having just updated Edge, the browser toolbar now works! But for how long???

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@frokeefe – Thanks for clarifying that for me. Next time the error happens (if it does continue to resurface), could you grab some logs for us? Our development team is currently investigating the issue, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself. We've got a handy guide that explains how to obtain the logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

If you have any trouble, let me know!

ref: dev/core/core#7774

• JulianDormon
    JulianDormon
    Community Member

I am having the exact same issue in Microsoft edge all of a sudden

• JulianDormon
    JulianDormon
    Community Member

• frokeefe
    frokeefe
    Community Member

The problem started up again several minutes after I thought it was solved. Switching from Edge to Edge Beta seems to have corrected it. So far, beta works well, although with all edges the built-in ad blocking & security blocks some websites.

This discussion has been closed.