Have to C&P to open a 1Password website on my list.

Options
solitaryman1
solitaryman1
Community Member

Hi
So here's my problem. I got a pop up yesterday that I believe was the 1Password update icon, see attachment. I was in the middle of doing some computer work and I continued and the icon disappeared and sits in my doc. But the reason I'm writing is because #1- is 7.8.2 the latest update and #2- when I log onto 1Password and double click or Open & Fill, nothing happens. I have to do a copy & paste to get to where it is I want to go. Please help. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Big Sur 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• solitaryman1
    solitaryman1
    Community Member
    Options

I just had a momentary power blackout. When I restarted my iMac, I checked 1Password & lo & behold, my above issue, number #2, the auto password fill in, is now working as it should!!! As far as for the Updater, if 7.8.2 is the latest update, then I'll remove it from the dock.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @solitaryman1!

Thank you for the update on #2, it's good to hear that this one is sorted already :) With regards to #1, I confirm that 7.8.2 is not the latest version: the latest one is 7.8.4 :+1:

• solitaryman1
    solitaryman1
    Community Member
    Options

Ok,thanks for the reply. So that begs the question of how/when do I get the update and why then did the updater icon pop up on my screen and now sits in my dock?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@solitaryman1:

how/when do I get the update

You can trigger an update check it under 1Password Preferences > Updates tab > Check Now button.

why then did the updater icon pop up on my screen and now sits in my dock?

It's a macOS feature: when you launch an app, there is a section in the Dock that keeps the most recently run app icons there. I think by default it's the last three apps (the same is happening for your Calendar app in your screenshot, for example).

This discussion has been closed.