Update Payment Method for Subscription Initialized in Apple's Store

veraxmath
veraxmath
Community Member

Hi!

Very recently, my credit card has expired. I have received a new one, but with a different number.

Since my subscription still uses the old card, I wanted to update it to the new information.

However, I have initialized my subscription via iOS App Store, so I cannot manage this on 1password.

I tried to update this information, but to no avail.

I wanted to change the credit card number in the App store, but it is set to read only due to the subscription. Then, I tried to add another credit card, but it complained that it already existed. Removing the first failed due to the subscription.

Then, I tried to update the payment method directly for the subscription, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that?

So, my question is: how can I update this payment information without losing access to my 1password account? Can I cancel the subscription and initialize a new one without losing access? Does this new subscription has to go the same way (via App Store), or can I also do it from the 1password page directly?

Thanks!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @veraxmath!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• veraxmath
    veraxmath
    Community Member

Hi! I am really sorry for the very late response, I am quite forgetful regarding forum posts.

I was able to resolve the issue, and the subscription should proceed normally automatically.

Thanks, and sorry again for disappearing.

• @veraxmath

No worries, we're happy to hear you found a solution.

This discussion has been closed.