This field is not supported by this version of 1Password

For a few days I used 1Password for Linux and took advantage of the new feature that allows you to attach multiple files to any item. Now, when I open these items in 1Password for Windows, I can't access the attached files. Instead I see "This field is not supported by this version of 1Password". Does anyone know when I will be able to see these files on Windows?

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @MerryBit !

I'm not using the Linux desktop app. But in the Windows desktop app it is not possible to add attachments into entries. Here you have to add attachments as new documents and link them to the matching entries.

https://support.1password.com/files/
    https://support.1password.com/link-items/

Is it really possible to add attachments (documents) into entries in Linux? :crazy:
    It would be great if this feature will find its way into the Windows desktop app and all others too. :)

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Yes, it's a new feature in the Linux client. I'm assuming it'll come to Windows soon.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/nhlemv/am_i_the_only_one_excited_about_the_new_file/

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Great! I'm looking forward to that new feature! :+1:

The question is how this works with all the documents already linked to entries. Will they be touched? Or do I have to attach them all manually again into the matching entries? I'm excited... ;)

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

No change. Linked entries co-exist with file attachments.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Good to know! But it's okay. So I'm able to move my documents into the entries by myself. Thanks for clarifying! :+1:

• Rest assured though that we have big UI and platform uniformity improvements we're working on as feature parity is a huge driver for us right now. We're excited for what the future may hold!

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member

@MerryBit new 1Password 8 beta has now this feature and thus might be interesting for you (if not already known).

Found this thread because I noticed the incompatibility with 1Password 7.8.6 on Mac. Current beta release notes for 7.8.7.BETA-0 suggest it is not there yet (which is fine, just unexpected because of the strong connection I have between 1PW and Apple :D)

• The future looks so bright I gotta wear shades. Things will begin to come together. ;)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Things will begin to come together. ;)

Sounds great. Looking forward to it… ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• neopiesevensamurai
    neopiesevensamurai
    Community Member

Can you please not roll out a feature like this in the future without ensuring feature parity? Our vault is shared among many team members using MacOS, Windows, and Linux. There were no warnings issued when I, as a Linux user, attached files for my teammates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@neopiesevensamurai:

Thank you for the feedback! As Blake also wrote, one of the goals of our developers with the latest 1Password 8 apps is indeed feature parity, so this is definitely something they are working towards ;)

This discussion has been closed.