Confusion about new(?) browser extension

manski
manski
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

This week, when I opened Firefox, 1Password installed a new browser extension. Now I've got two of them:

At the moment I'm totally confused about what to do here - especially since I could not find an announcement for this change and why this was done. Could anyone shed some light onto this? (And especially the part why I now have two extensions.)

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7.85
Extension Version: 2.0.1/4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

1Password - Password Manager (Agilebits, I love y'all, but the branding issues by removing X from that extension make talking about this really difficult) is the newer extension.

1PW - Password Manager: Newer, has a more fully featured autofill experience. Does not support local vaults (i.e. 1Password.com/ca/eu accounts only) As of version 2.0.0, now offers integration with the desktop program on all platforms allowing for shared lock state as well as biometric support because of said shared lock state, but is not reliant on the desktop program to function.

1PW desktop app required: integrates directly with the desktop app. If you do not have the desktop app running, this extension does nothing as it stores nothing. However, this extension does support local vaults (iCloud, Dropbox, etc).

If you only use 1Password.com/ca/eu, then personally at this point I'd uninstall "(desktop app required)" and just use the extension formerly known as X.

• Hi @manski 👋

Please see this post in the forum for a clarification between the two extensions :+1: 1Password X was just renamed, and is now 1Password in your browser, while the 1Password Extension (desktop app required) is now 1Password Classic!

This discussion has been closed.