Could you stop updating the app so frequently?

willweaver
willweaver
Community Member

I have the 1password app installed via the Mac App Store. I have my updates set to automatic. While I know this sounds really stupid but the frequent updates of the 1password app are kind of annoying because every time there's an update I have to restart my browsers and 1password before I can use the shortcut to autofill passwords again. Is there something that can be done to not have to restart everything every time there's an update?

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Slow down your release cycle

Comments

• Jonathan_YOW
    Jonathan_YOW
    Community Member

I agree. And why is it so difficult to get 1Password to work with browsers after an update? This hasn't been the case until the last few months.

• iCloud
    iCloud
    Community Member

It is might be fair to ask for the app to detect the browser integration after an update without having to restart the browser, but I feel frequent update is a good thing. It shows that the team is working and it streamlines the tasks at hand on their end too. I strongly feel a paid app should be giving updates frequently.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry all for the frustration! I think it's good that we offer many updates, what I understand can be annoying is that for security reasons it might be necessary to recreate the connection between the browser and the app. I know our developers are constantly working on this, so hopefully they will find a way to make this more seamless in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.