To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unlimited item history

som33333
som33333
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Memberships

Hi everyone!

I would like to suggest to remove the 1 year item history limit. I am paying for 1Password Family subscription and especially less advanced users like my mom do get anxiety regarding the possibility of messing up things. Is this taking up too much storage or what is the reason for the 1 year limit?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

Hey @som33333 ,

There's a bunch of reasons for this 1 year limit, including storage limit (though neglectable when it comes to login items), ordering and organization of ones account, preventing confusion and user error (e.g. someone suddenly a user finds thousands of logins in his trash after years of not knowing they are there, and decides to bring them all back into his vault) etc.

If an item has been in the trash for a whole year, It is pretty much safe to say that the user doesn't need it anymore, and to prevent a possible huge mess for users like your mom, it is best to delete these items instead of hoarding them into a big pile of unusable logins.

I can definitely forward your feedback though if you feel it would be more beneficial to your use case. :chuffed:

• som33333
    som33333
    Community Member

Hey! Thank you very much for your answer.

Regarding the trash I think you are absolutely right. I meant the unlimited history more regarding editing items.
    What I mean is I would like to have my items like on GitHub. Every change of my item should be reversible.

If you ever mess up anything like for example Crypto Wallet seed phrases or anything, you would have the peace of mind that all version history of the item would be securely saved.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

That's possible if you have a 1Password.com account: https://support.1password.com/item-history/ :)

• som33333
    som33333
    Community Member

I do have the 1Password families subscription and know about the history. But my problem is with the 1 year expiration. This should be unlimited time frame, like on github etc. Otherwise it gives me anxiety :-(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021

@som33333:

Thank you for the feedback! I will let the developers know that you would like an option for an unlimited item history :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#724

This discussion has been closed.