To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password 7 for mac license - would it work on windows?

Options
svkrzn
svkrzn
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Memberships

Hi, I'd like to purchase the standalone license for 1P7 for mac, would it work on Windows as well? I have 1P6 on my mac and I am very happy with it but apparently I cannot get the same version on Windows 10 so I reckon it's time to upgrade.
Furthermore, can 1P sync with iCloud or Box.net or OneDrive instead of Dropbox?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.3.1, Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hello @svkrzn

Membership is the way forward for 1Password, and so I would strongly encourage you to consider that option. We have stopped advertising licenses, and they are no longer a solution that we advocate. A separate license for each 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows would be needed if going the licensing route. As such our 1Password membership service, which includes the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps, would be the less expensive alternative. With membership being a first party service it has tighter integration with the apps than can be accomplished otherwise. You'd simply download the apps and sign into your 1Password account on your devices. You can learn more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Furthermore, can 1P sync with iCloud or Box.net or OneDrive instead of Dropbox?

My apologies, I missed this question on first read. To sync 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac you'd need either a 1Password membership or Dropbox.

Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.