Version 7.8.5 - locks up and safari/menu bar not responding

Options
tdehnke
tdehnke
Community Member

Anyone else seeing issues with 1Password 7.8.5 for MacOS (version 11.4 Intel)?

It upgraded this morning, and so far, the main app has locked up twice, requiring a forced quit. And randomly, the menu bar or safari 1Password icons won't work.

Did anyone find a fix? I've rebooted, turned the extension on and off, etc.?

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: 7.8.5
OS Version: MacOS 11.4 Intel
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ajaym
    ajaym
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I haven't seen the main app lock up but can't get the Safari extension or 1Password Mini to work ever since the 7.8.5 update. I had trouble installing the update too. It was stuck on Validating forever and eventually I had to quit it. However, when I reopened 1Password the app seemed to have been updated.

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member
    Options

I've had the same experience as @ajaym after recent updates, including 7.8.5 yesterday. Clicking on 1Password's Safari extension doesn't actually activate 1Password. Nothing happens, in fact. I've tried deactivating the extension, then quitting and relaunching both 1P and Safari and then reactivating the 1P extension. That doesn't work. The only thing that seems to work is to reboot the Mac, which is inconvenient for sure. I hope the team can address this!

Running 1P 7.8.5 on an M1 MacBook Pro with macOS 11.2.3.

• levjoy12
    levjoy12
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing the non-responsive button issues in Safari after updates. The only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot, which is super inconvenient!

• ajaym
    ajaym
    Community Member
    Options

@tdehnke @khoi @levjoy12 I found a workaround that has been successful so far and prevents the need to reboot.

1. Option-click (right-click) 1Password mini in the menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Quit all browsers
    3. After a few seconds launch the main 1Password app

I hope this works for you guys🤞🏼

• @ajaym

Thanks for sharing. :+1: :chuffed:

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member
    Options

@ajaym That does seem to do the trick, thanks for sharing!

@ag_tommy Is this something that the team will be addressing in an update soon?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@khoi:

I don't know the timelines unfortunately, so at the moment I can recommend keeping an eye out on the release notes to see all the updates. Here is the web changelog, in case you miss some update notification in the future and would like to check.

This discussion has been closed.