Do I have to turn off auto-deletion of browser history for addon?

Options

Hey guys,

Just started using 1Password and it seems great so far. The only thing I've noticed is that the browser addon seems to stop working after I close my browser (I have auto delete all history on exit turned on). I mainly use MS Edge and Firefox. Do I have to leave all my browser history on to be able to use the addon without having to manually sign in to it every time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Arcayne !

Are you using 1Password in the browser extension only? Or are you using the Windows desktop app too?

If you only are using the extension, you have to log in every time you restart the browser.

If you are using the Windows desktop app too, you could enable desktop app integration in the browser extension. As long as you are logged into the desktop app, you are able to restart the browser without having to log in every time. ;)

• Arcayne
    Arcayne
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @DenalB , I have just been using the browser extension only, I didn't realize about the Windows desktop app, I will try it :)
    I guess that would lower my security a bit haha

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

There are a lot of things you can do much better in the desktop app than in the browser extension. Both are working together if you want. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arcayne:

I guess that would lower my security a bit haha

What is your concern in using the desktop app? Can you please elaborate?

This discussion has been closed.