Chrome extension and desktop app not working since upgrade

The Chrome extension and Windows desktop app are no longer accpeting my master password since the upgrade. I can log in to 1Password online (https://my.1password.com/) which accepts my master password. The CTRL+SHIFT+X calls up the mini-app but the master password is rejected. I removed the extension and the desktop app and reloaded them. Restarted my computer multiple times, cleared my cache. At a loss for anything more. Any guidance would be greatly apprecaited.

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 19042.985
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MACGK22
    MACGK22
    Community Member

I am not sure what I did differently, but I finally got the login to work. Wish I had something insightful to share with the group.

• cisdsmith
    cisdsmith
    Community Member

Having same problem! Do you have any further ideas on what you might have done to make yours work?

• hebrao
    hebrao
    Community Member

Same problem here!

• alexisc
    alexisc
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Master password does not work on Chrome But does work on Edge.
    Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Password Manager 2.0.1

Major Minor Build Revision

10 0 19042 0

• PeteD
    PeteD
    Community Member

Same problem here. I have the latest version of the extension (2.0.1). Updated Chrome - still no luck. I've had to start using Edge where the extension and the my Master Password it does work. Seems to be on the 1Password end. Please help (I much prefer Chrome over Edge)!!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hello everyone! If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please follow the instructions from my colleague Yaron here to send us some logs? Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

And thank you for the update @MACGK22! I am glad to hear that things are working once again for you :) Let us know if you encounter this again and we can take a closer look at why this happened :+1:

• MACGK22
    MACGK22
    Community Member

@ag_ana: Thanks for pointing me to Yaron's post. I had the same problem on other devices and his post seems to have facilitated a resolution.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @MACGK22, I am glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.