A better way to unlock πŸ”“

13Β»

Comments

• Alexei_Drekker
    Alexei_Drekker
    Community Member

@ag_yaron Recent updates have made it a lot faster. I don't get any slowdowns anymore. Not sure if that is because of Edge being updated or the extension itself. Either way. thank you. Also, is there any way for Windows Hello to persist after restarts? Every time I switch on my computer, I log in to the system itself with Windows Hello, but cannot do the same with my 1Password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@crazycaveman:

We can look it up manually for you :+1: Did you send the email from the same email address that you use here on the forum?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Alexei_Drekker:

Thank you for the update!

When it comes to Windows Hello, the first time after a reboot the 1Password app will ask for your Master Password for security reasons (the password is not stored anywhere), so only after entering it at least once you are able to unlock with Windows Hello.

• crazycaveman
    crazycaveman
    Community Member

@ag_ana it was a different email (happened on my work setup). Got the email late last night, TIC-76231-182

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@crazycaveman:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TIC-76231-182

• chauie
    chauie
    Community Member

My extension doesn't give the option to unlock with fingerprint again :( version 1.25.7 and 7.8.4 beta on Mac. Chrome 90.0.4430.212

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chauie ,
    Does your Chrome have a pending update perhaps? Please try quitting Chrome and 1Password like so:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Right click the Chrome icon in your Dock and select "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    4. Open Chrome, wait a few moments and see if 1Password in Chrome unlocks automatically.
  • Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member

Seems like this is disabled again now in 2.0?

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

For me it was very unreliable in 1.25.7, seems to be much better in 2.0

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to hear it @dserodio !

@Steamboater It is not disabled in 2.0. If you're having issues, make sure that "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled in the extension's settings, then try my suggestions above to restart 1Password and the browser.

• doubler
    doubler
    Community Member

Unlock w/TouchID was previously working when the Chrome extension updated but no longer seems to be working as others have said.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @doubler ,

Please try the suggestions I've previously made here and if none help, send us an email to support+x@1password.com with as much info as you can on the problem you are experiencing.

• crazycaveman
    crazycaveman
    Community Member

I just ran into the issue of the Firefox extension not connecting with the desktop app and have sent an email to support (using the email associated with my account here). I used the same subject as last time, so I assume it should get filed to the same ticket, but since it's from a different email from the first time, wanted to post here to make sure it gets to the right place.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know @crazycaveman .

This discussion has been closed.