[Feature request] More flexible conversion options between item types

lol
lol
Community Member

Currently you can convert Password items to Login. That's handy, but it sure would be great if you there were more supported conversions. In particular, I imported a bunch of items from my old password manager and as a result, I ended up with a ton of Login items with an empty username that should really be represented as Password type (or sometimes Secure Note). Obviously bulk convert would be great, but in lieu of that larger, more significant feature, a trivial stopgap would be to just have the "convert to X" button (same location as existing) for Login items that don't have usernames.

This pattern could be employed to support lots of conversions I have wanted for. If multiple "destination" types are possible, the interface could be adapted with minimal additional UI/UX work (e.g. dropdown instead of button):

• Src: Password

• Dest: Credit Card (for "passwords" that are valid credit card numbers)
    • Dest: SSN (looks like SSN—btw what about EIN, TIN, ...)
    • [Dest: Login <= the sole existing conversion option]
  • Src: Login with empty username

• Dest: Password
    • Dest: CC, SSN, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lol!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! And thank you also for the specific conversion examples :+1: We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#137

This discussion has been closed.