will not autofill username or password in chrome on shipstation.com

howardmw
howardmw
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have just signed up for shipstation.com, and when using chrome the 1password window pops up over the login fields, when I click on it, it will not auto fill my username and password. If I click the autofill button on the extension button on the ribbon, it will fill. This only happens in chrome and happens on both windows and mac. Help please?? (I have already removed and reinstalled the chrome extension)

1Password Version: current
Extension Version: current
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:will not autofill username or password in chrome on shipstation.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @howardmw!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?

• howardmw
    howardmw
    Community Member

Current version - 2.0.2. Thanks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that, @howardmw! I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself. Could you try saving a brand new item for me and let me know if it changes things for you? Here's how to save a new item:

1. Visit ShipStation's sign in form
    2. Type or copy/paste your email and password from 1Password.
    3. Below the password field, click Save in 1Password.
    4. Be sure that Save new item is selected instead of Update item!
    5. Add the word "new" to the title so you can distinguish it from your existing item.
    6. Click Save.

Go ahead and refresh the page and test the new item. Did you notice a difference, or is it still not filling for you?

Let me know, I'm here to help!

• howardmw
    howardmw
    Community Member

No good. When I click save in 1password, it just wipes out the content in both the username and pw fields. It also does not give me the option of saving as a new item. Another thing I noticed is that if I go directly to shipstation.com to log in, 1pw will work. Its just when I log out and try to log back in I have this problem. the URL for logging back in is https://ship13.shipstation.com/, and when I try to log in there 1pw does not work. I have even tried adding https://ship13.shipstation.com/ as a website2 in 1pw, but that doesnt work either.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021

Thanks for clarifying @howardmw !

The link that you are using indeed has a different form from the main page's signin link, and the inline menu of 1Password does not work there as it should due to how the form in your link is built. The good news is that you can still operate 1Password properly from your 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser.

If you want to save a new login, delete the current login entry of this website from your 1Password, then perform the following:

1. Get to your login page: https://ship13.shipstation.com/
    2. Manually type in your email and password.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser's toolbar and select "Save Login". Confirm and save it.

Then, when you want to autofill:

1. Get to the login page.
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it.
    3. Select the login item of this website and click on "Autofill".

Thanks for reporting this! We'll forward it to our developers.

ref: dev/core/core/-/issues/1088

• howardmw
    howardmw
    Community Member

I hope your developers will be able to fix this. Thanks for the confirmation that the issue is at 1pw's end.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021

@howardmw – On behalf of Yaron, you're very welcome! I hope our development team will be able to put this issue behind us as well. :)

• howardmw
    howardmw
    Community Member

Hey guys, just found another problem with the chrome plugin. It is not working at all for stripe.com. When I try to save the pw, it says "unable to save item." I have manually added the login to 1pw, and it works fine in edge and safari. When I hit the 1pw icon in the chrome toolbar and manually search for the stripe login, it is not even found. My only workaround right now is to load the 1pw app and copy/paste from there. This is not feasible long term and I cannot help but notice that these issues are only in chrome and just started with the latest updates.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @howardmw ,
    Please lock up 1Password in all browsers, then unlock it and see if the issue persists.

• howardmw
    howardmw
    Community Member

I do believe that did the trick! Thanks. Now just need to get the bug fixed on shipstation, and I am all good.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021

Glad to hear it! :+1:

• maxmph
    maxmph
    Community Member

I also have the same issue with url ship11.shipstation.com in chrome. Any word on when a fix may be implemented?

• @maxmph

We don't have any timelines to share, but I'll be sure to add your name to the list of affected users and give them another nudge. In the meantime, as Yaron suggested, you can autofill both fields by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing Autofill from there. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

This discussion has been closed.