Had to reset my iPhone and now 2FA no longer works and I cannot log into 1Password

Options
marchitect
marchitect
Community Member

After resetting my iPhone my Microsoft Authenticator - 2FA was reset. I need to re-establish connection between my 1Password account and my Microsoft Authenticator. Please help. I'm stuck without access to my 1Password account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marchitect!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I'm so sorry you are not able to unlock your 1Password account due to losing the authenticator app.

As a first quick attempt, can you please try the following and see if it helps? Go to a browser where you've signed into 1Password before (it's important that you try this on a known browser, even on a different device) and sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then, click your name in the top right and choose My Profile. Finally, click More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

If you have added your 1Password account to a Mac or another iOS device and you can sign into your 1Password account on that device you can turn off 2FA there -

==Mac==
    Open and unlock 1Password on Mac.
    Select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Click your account, then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

==iOS==
    Open and unlock 1Password on iOS device.
    Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts. Tap your account, then tap Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Please let us know if you were able to reconfigure 2FA this way.

This discussion has been closed.