Need detailed instructions to change secret key, master password on iPad and print emergency kit.

rebelgirl
rebelgirl
Community Member

I’m new to 1Password and not good at anything online. Can you please give me step by step directions to change my secret key and master password and then print new emergency kit? I have the app installed on iPad (not sure what version) and iPhone 8. I just subscribed within the past month so it should be the latest version but I’m not sure how to check that info. I use safari as my browser. I’ve read over some of the answers to this topic and I’m still not sure how to do this. Also need to know how to delete user devices that I have previously allowed to log in. Thanks so much. Please be very detailed in your response!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Change secret key

Comments

• rebelgirl
    rebelgirl
    Community Member

Also not sure how to even read the answers to my question!!!!!! As I said, my working knowledge with anything dealing with computers is sadly lacking. Please help!

• @rebelgirl

I think this help topic may be of use. I believe it will cover your needs. If you have remaining questions please feel free to ask.

If your device was lost or stolen, and it has your 1Password data on it

• rebelgirl
    rebelgirl
    Community Member

Thanks. I read the information and it does seem fairly straightforward. However, I can’t find my profile so that I can get started. Remember I’m using the app on my iPhone 8 and/or my iPad. My name is not located in the top right. If I go to settings, then account and then select my account, I can see the login information, my username, and my secret key. But it does not have a choice to regenerate the secret key. If you click on the secret key, the choices are copy, reveal, and showing large time. Any suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rebelgirl:

It sounds like you are navigating within the 1Password app, but you will need to be on the 1Password.com web app to regenerate your Secret Key. Please go to https://my.1password.com and login there, and you should be able to follow the steps to regenerate the Secret Key ;)

• rebelgirl
    rebelgirl
    Community Member

OK I’ve done this. I regenerated the secret key but I am unable to print my emergency kit when I push download it comes back and says URL address not found. Help!

• rebelgirl
    rebelgirl
    Community Member

Correction. A box pops up that says failed to load page. The URL can’t be shown.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rebelgirl:

Can you please email some logs so we can take a closer look at the error? You can send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address, with the logs attached, so we can continue the conversation over there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JohnBaran
    JohnBaran
    Community Member

I just converted to 1Password 7 for families after running an individual account for years. When going to create the Emergency kit, it asks to use a Master Password. Should that be the same as the Master Password to unlock the app or is it a completely independent MP even though the terminology is the same?

• Hey @JohnBaran

That is awesome to hear that you got converted. The Master Password that should be included on the Emergency Kit is the Master Password you use to get signed-in to your account.

I am going to reach out to you via email so that we can take a more in depth look at things. Please be on the lookout for an email from 1Password Support.

• JohnBaran
    JohnBaran
    Community Member

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure they weren’t 2 different master passwords. When I was creating the emergency kit MP, I just used the same MP I use to get into 1P.

• @JohnBaran

Please follow up with Joshua and you'll be going in no time. That said, yes there is a single Master Password for all things you do.

This discussion has been closed.