1Password now shares lock state with 1Password in the browser

wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi all,
can anyone explain me what does mean "1Password now shares lock state with 1Password in the browser."? I've seen it in the changelog of last beta 7.8.2.BETA-0 (build #70802000).

When I unlock the 1Password app, the Chrome Extension (version 1.25.5) is not unlocked accordingly. But I tend to have not got the sense of the new feature.

1Password Version: 7.8.2.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.25.5
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1 (20E241)
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• limegorilla
    limegorilla
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

I'm seeing the same. The classic extension still shares it's state, but not the 'current' one
    Could require a beta update for the Chrome Extension?

Edit: Yes, you need the beta version of the Chrome Extension - see: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-–-password/khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

@limegorilla 1.25.5 is already the last beta version of the Chrome extension.

• limegorilla
    limegorilla
    Community Member

Huh. I did a fresh install - only thing I can think of. It's now working for me!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@limegorilla, @wizard86pz:

In other words, it means that the 1Password in the browser extension can now be unlocked automatically when the 1Password desktop app is unlocked :)

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Great, I got it right so. But this is not happening @ag_ana...I see that @limegorilla seems to have fixed it re-installing the Chrome Extension...do you suggest the same?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wizard86pz:

That would not hurt, but you can also try these suggestions from my colleague Yaron first :+1:

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Thanks, before to reach this post I've simply rebooted the machine, and now it works good.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Nice! Thank you for the update :)

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

First time MAC user here:
    I have been loving the integration between 1Password X and the desktop App with my old Windows laptop and Vivaldi Browser.

Just tried the same on MAC and it only seems supported with Chrome NOT Vivaldi?

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000)
    1Password Beta

1Password X
    Version

• @Thomas_Griffiths

Try using the Chrome link to install the extension within Vivaldi. It should work. I just installed it here an unlock indeed happen with the Mac app. Please let us know what you find.

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Restarted my macbook and all working as expected now :) thought that was just a windows thing.... :p

• @Thomas_Griffiths,

It normally is, in this case tommy could have said "quit your browser, quit 1Password completely (cmd + opt + control + q), launch 1Password and then launch the browser". logging out or restarting the machine works too. There is a rare scenario where the XPC connections between the various 1Password processes just don't work (returning an error code of -4099, NSXPCConnectionInvalid) and in that particular scenario the only thing i've found to resolve it is a reboot.

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member

Thank you for implementing this . . . I still need to have 1Password in the menu bar, but I am using 1Password in the browser much more often when it is present and works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @FogCityNative :)

This discussion has been closed.