Unable to remove old 1Password item from Apple Watch

mobidutch
mobidutch
Community Member

I have my Apple Watch configured to access 1Password from the dock, and I have a few items tagged as "Add to Apple Watch". One of those was an old debit card that I lost and had replaced. I deleted the old entry for that debit card in 1Password for iOS, but I forgot to first "Remove from Apple Watch". Now, it seems that I am unable to remove that entry from the watch. I tried restoring the item from deleted items, but it was already marked as removed from the watch (even though it is not). I can select "Add to Apple Watch" again, but then I end up with a double entry of that old card. Is there a way to 'start from scratch' with the list of items shown on the watch?

1Password Version: Latest Mac and Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mobidutch!

I tried restoring the item from deleted items, but it was already marked as removed from the watch (even though it is not).

If you restore this item from the deleted items, are you able to just remove the tag from this item?

• mobidutch
    mobidutch
    Community Member

Yes, I can remove the tag, either from 1Password on my phone, my Mac, or a PC. But that change does not get synced to my Watch. It DOES work for any NEW record I tag and un-tag… tagging the record adds it to the watch, untagging removes it. Just not that one old record I deleted before untagging.

• mobidutch
    mobidutch
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

FYI: I just forced a complete resync by resetting my Apple Watch and setting it up from scratch. Somehow that must have synced something to the 1Password cloud, because I can now remove the tag from the old/archived Debit Card and it also removed it from the Watch. Problem solved....

• mobidutch
    mobidutch
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Comment deleted...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @mobidutch! I am glad to hear that you have managed to get to the bottom of this already :+1:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.