1Password in iOS only works for some sites after second attempt

qixote
qixote
Community Member

For some sites when I log in using my iPhone 7 I have to make 2 attempts before 1Password will populate the username and p/w. I have to enter my 1 p/w each time. Why doesn't it work the first time? Why do I have to reenter the 1 p/w?

Thanks,
Eric

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.6.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qixote!

Why do I have to reenter the 1 p/w?

When this happens, can you please make sure you unlock the main 1Password app once first? Subsequent unlocks will then use Touch ID or Face ID, depending on your device, without having to enter your Master Password several times.

• qixote
    qixote
    Community Member

Thank you for the response, but I use neither of these technologies. I will try unlocking the app first, though my experience has been that there is no synchronization. Even on a desktop computer, unlocking the browser extension doesn't necessarily unlock the app. The frustration is amplified on the iPhone, since I chose a complex 1 p/w that I can remember but is difficult to type on the phone.

• qixote
    qixote
    Community Member

I tested one of the sites with which I have this issue. First I unlocked the 1Password app, then I opened the site in my browser. When I signed in I still had to enter the 1Password p/w, though when I selected the site login in the app it did work the first time. Progress. But it is still frustrating to have to type the 1Password p/w so often.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qixote!

When you say that you "use neither of these technologies", are you referring to Touch ID and Face ID? If you don't use them, then the only way to unlock 1Password is indeed with the Master Password, so all you can do is extend the autolock timer in the 1Password app's settings > Security. What value have you currently set there as Auto-Lock value? And have you perhaps configured 1Password to lock automatically on exit?

• qixote
    qixote
    Community Member

Yes, touch and face. Lock on exit is off. the Auto-Lock value was 10. I bumped it up to 15. Perhaps this will help. I may go to 30, since the phone itself locks fairly quickly. This doesn't fix the lack of synchronicity, unfortunately. Thank you for your thoughtful responses.

• @qixote

Turning Lock on Exit off won't have any effect if some form of Quick Unlock (Touch ID / Face ID) isn't enabled; apologize for the inconvenience. You'd need to enable Quick Unlock to achieve the desired results.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#2489

This discussion has been closed.