I lost the Edit button

Options
Floripa
Floripa
Community Member

Bonjour,

I'm facing a weird problem : I can't find the Edit Button when I want to modify an item from desktop computer (Catalina / 1PW Vers. 7.8.4)
Until yesterday everything was find.

• I can edit and modify from my iphone (V 7.7.6), as well as from my iPad or my laptop

Many thanks for your help

1Password Version: 7.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Floripa
    Floripa
    Community Member
    Options

… and I just noticed I can Edit from the Menu Bar (1Password Mini)

I feel dumb, is there something I did wrong?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Floripa!

Let's try something quick in case this is a temporary bug: can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Did the Edit button appear again now?

• Floripa
    Floripa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I already did it, I forgot to mention sorry, but it didn't solve anything.
    I also restarted my Mac, without any success.
    I'm a Mac user for decades so I know some basic tricks … but here none of them is bringing back my button.
    Is there anything I could have done witch can cause such bug?

Thanks for your help

• rudy
    Options

@Floripa,

Do you have a 1Password.com account in addition to the vault on Dropbox? Do you have a standalone license for 1Password 7?

• Floripa
    Floripa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,

Sorry, Ive been away for a couple days.

No, I don't have a 1Password.com account (not anymore).
    Regarding my license … I started to understand while reading your question.

It seems I'm stuck now, I thought I had apply to the standalone license (vague memory of an email)
    And since I don't want to use the 1password.com vault system (I was enjoying my old system), I'm done.
    I noticed I switched from 6 to 7, but I didn't realized what it meant (dead end with toll).
    Too bad, I was happy with 1password

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Floripa:

Thank you for the update!

It seems I'm stuck now, I thought I had apply to the standalone license (vague memory of an email)

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you purchased a license for 1Password 6. If you would like to keep using the same version you purchased, you can download the legacy 1Password 6 app from here. You will be able to apply your existing license to that version (although that app has not received updates for almost three years now, so our recommendation is to update to 1Password 7).

• SDoherty
    SDoherty
    Community Member
    Options

@Floripa Did you download the Mac App Store version? The Edit Button won't be there in the MAS version, but should be there in the 1Password website download version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SDoherty:

The Edit Button won't be there in the MAS version,

The Edit button is there also in the MAS version. In OP's case, it looks like the issue was caused by updating to 1Password 7 while only having a license for 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.