annoying behavior when using a 1Password login

tlance
tlance
Community Member

It's been happening for quite a while now, began back in v6. I go to a site/forum requiring me to login. I click in the first field and the graphic popup with the stored 1Password user data and the icon for TouchID appears. I press my TouchID key and all proceeds as expected.

EXCEPT ... I get the following popup which is annoying and unnecessary. The required data has been entered. The login successful. I neither need to save the crews as they are already in 1Password nor have I changed any data thus not needing to update the existing data. I just cancel. It's been a major PITA that has finally bothered me enough to do something.

Any ideas? Have I missed some setting?

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@tlance "Have I missed some setting?" Yeah, you missed that gear icon to the left of the Not Now button. hth

• tlance
    tlance
    Community Member

Yep. That did it. I suppose it would have been more noticeable if I didn't have a Safari extension that mimics DarkMode for websites.

Much thanks! Once I decided to try some-/anything I was even considering other solutions. I began with BitDefender. Nice but can't compare to 1Password. Thanks to you I can go back to merrily trusting 1Password (user since v3 10 tears ago).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @tlance, and thank you vplewis for the assist!

I get the following popup which is annoying and unnecessary. The required data has been entered. The login successful. I neither need to save the crews as they are already in 1Password nor have I changed any data thus not needing to update the existing data.

Our of curiosity, do you see the same popup if you Create a new item once, in subsequent logins? I wonder if something actually changed on the website since you first created this Login, which would explain the popup.

• tlance
    tlance
    Community Member

Not sure. It began in v6 - not at the beginning, rather towards its end. I do not use the website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tlance:

Understood, let us know what you find out if you decide to test this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.