Phone numbers with US international code don't get input into most phone fields correctly

Options

If you store your phone number with an international code--e.g. "+1 123 456 7890"--the auto-fill for phone fields will tend to pick up the "1" as the first digit, even if the phone field only accepts 10 digits.

e.g. "+1 123 456 7890" will get input as "112 345 6789".

While this is partly an issue with input fields not considering international phone number formats, ideally 1Password would identify non-internationalized phone number fields, identify international prefixes by the "+" sign, and auto-fill accordingly.

1Password Version: 7.7.807
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @USMA56795!

Thank you for the feedback! I have let the developers know that you would find this useful :+1:

In the meantime, please see this comment from my colleague Yaron for some details as to why this is behaving this way at the moment.

ref: dev/core/core#3618

• USMA56795
    USMA56795
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Where's the comment? (Apologies if it's right in front of my nose or something.)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@USMA56795 – Sorry about that, I think Ana missed the hyperlink she meant to post. Currently, 1Password's filling algorithm doesn't contain any functionality regarding handling of country codes. It's something that's been brought up in the past, though, and we'd love to implement it in the future. Thanks again for bringing it up. :)

• USMA56795
    USMA56795
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@USMA56795:

Sorry about that! Here is the link to that comment (I have also updated my previous post :) )

This discussion has been closed.