Does 1Password auto submit after filling fields like RoboForm does?

Does 1Password auto submit after filling fields like RoboForm does? Is there a setting to allow 1Password to do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password auto submit after filling fields like RoboForm does?

Comments

• Hey there @bobarnett , welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

Thanks so much for writing in - great question! Autosubmit is possible with 1Password on Windows and the Classic browser extension, which can be found here:

1Password Classic Extension

That said, autosubmit is not currently available in the current version of 1Password in the browser. For an explanation of why autosubmit isn't available for the new extension, here's an excellent post that explains the reasoning behind why it was not included: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/542895/#Comment_542895

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help out with anything else. :smile:

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member

I am still confused - the ref discussion says Chrome Extension on Windows does Auto-submit (ie Gone from Mac) The words above says "autosubmit is possible with 1Password on windows with the Classic browser extension" - the Classic Browser extension page says use it if you have the desktop app. However i just got avaised by support to upgrade to 1Password Manager extension cos thats the new way togo...

Sorry if i am being dim - but at the moment i have not got Autosubmit working and i would like it back - but i am not sure i should ask for it...
    I have
    - Windows 10
    - 1Password desktop 7.7.808
    - Chrome
    - 1Password Manager extension

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Bones !

Sorry if i am being dim - but at the moment i have not got Autosubmit working and i would like it back - but i am not sure i should ask for it...

That's right. Auto-submit is only working with the classic extension. The new 1Password in the browser extension is not supporting auto-submit, and it seems like that it will never support this feature.

• @Bones

It sounds like you've got the gist of things there. AutoSubmit will only continue to function with 1Password Classic moving forward.

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member

Thanks Guys - wont ask then - just pout and wait in anticipation of a cunning solution when it happens

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback @Bones, and let us know if you have any other questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.