How do I create a new vault in the Linux app?

Options
rmilling
rmilling
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Linux

I am looking for a way to duplicate an entry, including added sections and entries in those sections, but then just change the entry name and maybe adjust values for some entries. Unfortunately, the entry copy feature does not allow copy to the same vault, ie. does not allow for creating a clone. The only other way that I am thinking should suffice is to copy to a different vault, make the essential changes there, then move back to the original vault where I want to place. Unfortunately, I am not finding any way to create a new vault in the Linux app. Is there a way to do this?

1Password Version: 8.0.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rmilling
    rmilling
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, new user here. This belongs in the main release thread, not pre-release. Sorry about that. I'll try to move it, but may need administrator assistance.

• Dayton_ag
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey there @rmilling , welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

Currently it is not possible to create a new vault from within the 1Password for Linux app - sorry about that! I would suggest doing so from 1Password.com - here's a handy guide:

Create a new vault at 1Password.com

I am looking for a way to duplicate an entry

I'd love to have the Duplicate feature available in 1Password for Linux - I'm going to mention this one to the Development team. :smile: Your current method of duplicating - creating a copy in a different vault and then moving that copy back - seems like the best option at this time.

Thanks @rmilling - let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

ref: dev/core/core/#6884

This discussion has been closed.