Auto lock in the extension (Brave)

Hi there,

I have the browser version 2.02 in my Brave browser and I have noticed that the auto-lock setting has disappears. What this means is that the extension in my browser does not auto lock.

I have changed the setting on my desktop app as well and on 1password.com but it still is not auto locking.

Has this feature been removed or am I missing something?

1Password Version: 7.85
Extension Version: 2.02
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021

Hi @StephanZA!

If you don't see the auto-lock settings in the extension settings, it means that you have enabled the integration with the 1Password desktop app, so you will need to manage those settings directly in 1Password for Mac. Can you post a screenshot of your current auto-lock settings?

• StephanZA
    StephanZA
    Community Member

Thanks so much, please find attached.

The problem though is that even with the desktop app set to 2 minutes, it still does not auto lock.
    [https://drive.google.com/file/d/13T3-soCQcJT07YsvBIRUYYlpnBSS35VB/view?usp=sharing]
    (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I860A-FMJVdijIfLVdMMH7wGTE12rjPf/view?usp=sharing)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@StephanZA:

I get an access denied when trying to view the screenshots. If there is nothing sensitive in there, can you please upload them directly to the forum? Here is where you can find that button:

• StephanZA
    StephanZA
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@StephanZA:

Thank you! One question I forgot to ask earlier: you said that the extension does not unlock automatically, but does the 1Password for Mac app lock automatically for you?

• StephanZA
    StephanZA
    Community Member

Yes, the Mac app does lock automatically.

The Extension does not Auto Lock, even with the setting in the 1Password Desktop App

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@StephanZA – Thanks for the heads up. I attempted to reproduce on my machine, but I haven't had any luck. It does seem like something's going wrong with the connection between 1Password for Mac and 1Password in your browser. When both 1Password for Mac and 1Password in your browser are locked, can you try unlocking the 1Password desktop app? Does 1Password in your browser unlock?

In addition to the above test, I'm wondering if you can grab a console log after you reproduce the issue (where 1Password for Mac locks, but 1Password in your browser does not). We've got a guide that explains how to do that here.

This discussion has been closed.