Informit website not filling in

Options

I tried to save a password to this site https://memberservices.informit.com/my_account/index.aspx?partner=68&omnty4zaafectkjcnmzpdo5ega=cw2qfe4qgrfibmbvdqtakuy4pa but I got an error unable to save.
Then I created a login manually from the 1Password desktop application on MacOS, but when I go to the site and fill in automatically I get the error "Wrong password". If I manually copy the password from the 1Password desktop application and paste it into the site it works fine.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.5 (70805001) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 2.02 in Firefox 78.11.0esr (64-bit)
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ericbos1!

I was able to save a Login item on that website by using the Save in 1Password button, so I wonder if the error you saw is related to this. Is the Login working from 1Password if you save a new Login directly in the browser?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• ericbos1
    ericbos1
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi Ag Ana today I was able to save the Password by clicking on Save in 1Password in Firefox and then click Update, but on the Chrome extension I still face the issue. I tried to login with the newly saved updated password in 1Password but it was wrong. I manually copied the password from the 1Password app and clicked Save in 1Password, but was not able to update the information in 1Password, see attached screenshot. Maybe the problem lies in the redirection between the sites pearsonitcertification and informit. I can attach a log report but .zip is not allowed. Please advise.

See the attached screenshot. [removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information - this is a public forum]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021
    Options

@ericbos1:

Let's try saving this as a new item, instead of updating the existing one. Above the logo of the website in the popup, please click on Update Pearson IT certification and select instead Save new item from the dropdown that appears. Is this new item working?

Edit: I have also removed the screenshot from your post for your privacy since it included your personal email address.

• ericbos1
    ericbos1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the new item is working. Thank you for removing the screenshot, I was wondering about that already.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericbos1:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that the new item is working :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.