How do I get touch id to work on browser extension?

All extensions are up to date as of the posting (2.0.1) and the desktop is:
app1Password 7
Version 7.8.5 (70805000)
Mac App Store

I am a software QA engineer as a day job and I cannot for the life of me get the touch id to work on browsers. I have tried uninstalling extension, app, and new profiles in chrome and other browsers and I cannot get it to unlock via touch ID. Unlocking the app works fine just not browsers it always wants the master pass.

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: 11.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited June 2021

Hey @crsmith440

First, let's check that integration is properly enabled:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, toggle "Integrate with 1Password app" off and on again.

We'll then want to make sure we fully quit and relaunch both 1Password and your browser to re-establish native messaging:

1. Quit 1Password completely by holding down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar beside the  logo.
    2. Quit your browser:
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

• crsmith440
    crsmith440
    Community Member

Integrate is turned on on all browsers. I tried the steps above and issue remains

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@crsmith440:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• crsmith440
    crsmith440
    Community Member

Logs/reports created and email is sending now. I will await the ticket number and post it here when I receive a response. I have included the Chrome extension log and Edge as well as it appears Edge extension will unlock with touch ID as it should. Maybe you can compare them to find out the root cause.

thanks for your quick replies!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@crsmith440 – Thanks so much! I was able to find your email. Let's continue the conversation there. :)

This discussion has been closed.