Layout bug with Okta in Safari

Options
jgwhite
jgwhite
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password 7.8.5 (70805000) (Mac App Store)
Safari Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)
macOS Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)

This is probably due to the way this Okta UI animates into place, but the 1Password icon for the password field ends up all by itself off to the side:

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: 7.8.5
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jgwhite!

Can you please post the full URL where you are seeing this, so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• jgwhite
    jgwhite
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

The screen in question is the second step of the secure login flow. I’m not 100% sure how to share this with you without also sharing sensitive information.

In the abstract, it’s https://mycompany.okta.com and it’s a variant of the flow wherein the email and password entry are on separate standalone screens with an animated transition.

Sorry I can’t be more help

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting this on our radar, @jgwhite. It doesn't sound like we'll be able to access the page you mentioned. However, we're tracking this issue with a few other sites, so I know exactly what you're referring to. Currently, when you click into a field, 1Password renders the icon based on the field's position. If the page animates, the position can be displaces from where the element is now. We're still looking for a good solution to that problem. I'll pass your report along to our development team.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

ref: dev/core/core#3108

• jgwhite
    jgwhite
    Community Member
    Options

That’s awesome, thanks @kaitlyn !

• @jgwhite

Thanks for letting us know about this one! If you have any questions or if there's anything we can do to help, please let me know! In the meantime, thank you for your support! :)

This discussion has been closed.