One password in the browser breaks Chrome credit-card autofill

I've recently moved from the old chrome extension to the new self-contained one (version 2.0.2). This is generally an improvement if a little intrusive, but it has completely stopped Chrome's credit-card autofill from working.

I don't have credit cards in 1P and I don't want it to inject its UI into credit card form fields (or at least, not if that breaks the browser's existing behaviour).

Is there any way to tell 1P I don't want it to break this part of Chrome's functionality?

Naively, it could be thought that not having any credit cards stored in 1P would be a pretty simple indicator to 1P that it should not try to offer auto-completion for credit-card fields, but if you can't do that kind of automatic configuration could we please have a way to manually disable it?

Or perhaps the intention is that 1P calmly coexists with Chrome's own features, in which case I appear to be hitting a bug.

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 7.7.807
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• Hi @WillDean!

By default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. We recommend using 1Password to fill your personal information and credit cards as it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location. You can find out more about how 1Password fills identities and credit cards here.

That said, if you want to use your browser to fill forms you can try these steps to do put things back to the way they were before:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Payment methods and allow Chrome to autofill.
  • WillDean
    WillDean
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle - Thanks for this. I will not be able to take my credit card details out of Google even if I give them to 1Password, because Google use them for things like Google Pay. So putting them into 1Password as well would be a net reduction in security if anything.

I will give your recipe a try and see if everything else still works OK.

• @WillDean

Of course, let me know how it goes - or if you have any questions. I'll be here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.