Fill Issue β–Ά AWS Account Login

Options

First off, THANK YOU 1Password team!! I migrated from LastPass a few months ago and I'm 😍 loving 😍 1Password. You guys/gals rock!!

Requesting help with this fill issue for https://*.signin.aws/ when logging into AWS. Details and screen grabs below, but please let me know if more information would be helpful. Thank you in advance for your time on this request!! πŸ’—

At the main login page, it appears to not auto-fill:

πŸ”Έ
However, if I click on the password form, the auto-fill data appears as if it was populated but hidden:

πŸ”Έ
Same situation for the MFA, the form appears empty:

πŸ”Έ
But when I click on the MFA form, it shows up correctly, even though I'm NOT selecting an account from the drop-down menu:

1Password Version: 7.7.807
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Jmtyra πŸ‘‹

Thanks so much for the kind words! I passed them along to the rest of my team as well. I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying 1Password thus far. :)

I attempted to reproduce the issue you mentioned, but I'm signing into the AWS Console as a Root user, and I believe I see a different sign in form than you. My first guess is that the fields cannot be filled until they're focused, so that's why you see it fill as soon as you place focus inside the field. I am curious, though, are you clicking "Open & Fill" within 1Password, or are you first visiting the AWS Console, then selecting your Login and autofilling when you're already visiting the site? If you could explain how you fill, that might point me in the right direction as far as reproducing goes.

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @kaitlyn ! πŸ˜€

You are correct, the root user uses a different form than a regular IAM user, and both of those forms are different from the AWS SSO login. Lots of fun! 🀣 Ironically, when I am signing in via the root or IAM user process, 1Password works flawlessly by auto filling the password and MFA forms along the way. Of course this is after I've selected the initial user name via 1Password drop-down.

Good question!! My workflow is to open the AWS console first, then use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+X to select a profile and autofill the site. My apologies, I should have included that in my original post.

If it helps I can provide output from one of the login screens via Chrome developer tools (labels or IDs). Given enough time, I can setup SSO in an empty AWS account and provide read-only credentials for testing the SSO process. Let me know what would be the most useful and we can work something out. πŸ‘

Have a wonderful weekend!!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmtyra – I see, I see. I guess I hadn't realized that these are subsequent fills. So you're only filling once on the first page, then you move to the next page, and you'd expect 1Password to autofill the other portion of your item automatically, but it doesn't happen until you click inside the field (and the same for the next page). πŸ€”

I'd love to get this on our development team's radar. To start, would you mind sending me over the page details for both the password page and the TOTP page? To grab that, you can right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then hover over Help, and select Collect Page Structure.

We do our best to strip any values from the page details, but please do look over it first just to make sure no personal information is included. You can either post the contents here or send the file via email to support+x@1password.com with a link to this forum post in the body of the email. I'll let my team know about your offer to set up a testing environment for us as well - I really appreciate that!

I hope you enjoy your weekend too :chuffed:

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn my apologies for the delayed response. You have it correct, that is exactly what happens! :)

Sure, I'd be happy to help!! :) I don't trust myself not to miss some personal detail, so I'll send it over to the email address above just in case. If the team would like to leverage a test environment we can coordinate that via email as well. 1Password is amazing and anything I can do to contribute is my way of saying "thank you". πŸ’—

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the support and the kind words @Jmtyra!

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the ticket number from the email: #YKP-44216-694

Thanks again!! :) :) :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Jmtyra! I've got an issue filed with our developers now. :)

ref: dev/core/core#8123

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

@kaitlyn I wanted to follow up on this request and say THANK YOU!! The team has resolved this issue and it's very much appreciated. πŸ˜ƒ

Have a great day!!

This discussion has been closed.