Suggestion - Provide a Generate Password option

sasilk
sasilk
Community Member

When I'm filling in a Registration form, sometimes it doesn't recognise 1Password, especially if it's in an application instead of the browser, so I don't have the option to use the suggested password grom 1Password. In times like this I still want to use a secure password, so why not provide a stand-alone password generator in the 1Password menu, where you can create just a password, copy it to the clipboard, and then into the form to be saved?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @sasilk

When I'm filling in a Registration form, sometimes it doesn't recognise 1Password,

These cases should be rare, but when they occur you can generate a password using the 1Password browser extension, which can be especially helpful if you're generating for a website:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar
    2. Click the "+" button
    3. Select Password Generator

If you find forms where 1Password doesn't automatically suggest a password and you think it should (e.g. because it is a registration form), please feel free to let us know about those.

This is also possible using the 1Password app, which may be more convenient when creating passwords for 3rd party apps. If you're using 1Password for Mac, for example, click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (by the clock) to open 1Password Mini, and then click the + Generate Password button.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sasilk
    sasilk
    Community Member

The Generate Password optio was exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe I've missed it all this time.

Thanks

• No problem at all. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.