Chrome extension touch ID unlock?

2»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@griffitts:

Yes, the classic extension locks with the same method used to unlock the main app, Touch ID included. Does the desktop app ask for Touch ID when you unlock it?

• griffitts
    griffitts
    Community Member

Yes, the app does use touch ID, but unlocking the app either via touch ID or password does not unlock the Chrome extension. The Chrome extension doesn't ask for Touch ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@griffitts:

Can you confirm that you have indeed installed the classic extension? It sounds like you might have installed the other extension. If you can let us know the version number, we can confirm this for you.

• griffitts
    griffitts
    Community Member

I followed the steps from here: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

I uninstalled my previous version and clicked the Chrome link. That gave me:

1Password extension (desktop app required)
    On
    Description
    Extends the 1Password app on your Mac or Windows PC, so you can fill and save passwords in your browser.
    Version

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@griffitts:

Thank you for the confirmation! That is indeed the correct extension if you want to use Touch ID. Can you do a quick test for me, and let me know what you see?

1. Quit 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely)
    2. Launch the 1Password app again
    3. Unlock it, either with your Master Password or with Touch ID
    4. Switch to Chrome
    5. Click on the 1Password extension button in your Chrome browser

The extension should be unlocked if you follow these steps. Can you confirm that it was indeed unlocked for you?

• griffitts
    griffitts
    Community Member

Did all that and the extension is still locked, and only asks for the password and not touch id.

• @griffitts

It would be useful if we can have a better look at 1Password on your Mac. I'd like you to create a diagnostics report and send it to us at support@1password.com. Be sure to include a link to this discussion and we'll have a look.

• griffitts
    griffitts
    Community Member

The report has been sent.

• Hey @griffitts, did you get an automated reply with a ticket ID? If so, could you share that ID here so we can make sure everything is linked up? I'm not seeing an email from you at the moment.

• griffitts
    griffitts
    Community Member

Yes, #TLM-64887-689. We discovered that the other extension either wasn't completely uninstalled or resynced itself and was overriding the classic extension. All good now. Thank you.

• Sounds good. We're here if you need us.

• yehormasalitin
    yehormasalitin
    Community Member

Hi guys, after your 2.0 extension release everything worked like a charm with touch id, but about couple of days ago it stopped, and now the only way to unlock the extension - is a password, is it something expected?

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@yehormasalitin:

Is the browser integration still enabled in your extension settings?

• yehormasalitin
    yehormasalitin
    Community Member

@ag_ana Yes

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@yehormasalitin:

Can you check the 1Password browser extension settings directly? Here is what it should look like:

• yehormasalitin
    yehormasalitin
    Community Member

@ag_ana sure:

• yehormasalitin
    yehormasalitin
    Community Member

@ag_ana Look at what is interesting, see - I have Security settings here, while yours are managed using 1P app.
    So I turned integration off, and then on again - and it fixed the issue.
    Maybe it is something you can look into
    Thank you!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@yehormasalitin – Ah, that's an indicator that the connection between the 1Password desktop app and 1Password in your browser wasn't working properly. I'm glad to hear that disabling and re-enabling integration ended up resolving things for you. I'll definitely keep that in mind if anyone else runs into a similar issue.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us!

• sep
    sep
    Community Member

Is there anything else that can be tried if toggling the setting doesn't fix it? I have tried toggling it on the extension, in the app and also restarted a few times in between, but it still prompts for password and not touch ID. Works fine in Safari without any issues.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sep:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• klmarsh3
    klmarsh3
    Community Member

Toggling "Integrate with 1Password App" was the fix for me. Previously I had uninstalled/reinstalled both the app and the extension (with reboots), but still had the issue. Thanks for the workaround.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @klmarsh3, I am glad to hear that the workaround helped :)

This discussion has been closed.