Ubuntu 20.04.2 fresh install 1Password app will not accept master password

joeyg1973
joeyg1973
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Linux

Hey all,

I am running Ubuntu 20.04.2 with 1Password 8.0.34

I am behind a corp proxy and I am running cntlm locally to get out to the internet.

In /etc/environment I have proxy vars pointing to the cntlm proxy that runs locally.

I also have settings -> network -> network proxy set manually to point to the local cntlm.

1Password will not accept the master password and this is what the logs show.

ERROR 2021-06-11T11:01:40.933 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/signin.rs:181] AddingAccount(UnableToCreateClient(HttpError(IoError(IoError(error sending request)))))
ERROR 2021-06-11T11:01:40.933 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend.rs:184] AppError { error: , human_readable_label: Some(), cause: None }

Any idea how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @joeyg1973,

I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - to get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+linux@1password.com? In that email, could you include the following info to get us started:

1. Have you used 1Password for Linux on this device before?
    2. Are you able to access your data at 1Password.com on this device?
    3. Are you able to use 1Password in the browser on this device?

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.