Using version 7 and 6 at the same time

Options
Istvan
Istvan
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Mac

Hi,

On my desktop Mac Pro, I just signed up for Version 7 subscription trial account.
On my Laptop Mac, I am still running Version 6 with a standalone license using Dropbbox Sync.

I know you will suggest me to upgrade to Version 7 on the Laptop too..

However, I MIGHT want to keep using the Version 6 Standalone on the laptop. (for many reasons, e.g. compatibility etc.)

I just want to be aware of my options, so I would like to know two things:

1) will Version 7 Subscription and Version 6 Standalone sync between each other or not?
2) Manual sync: could I export Version 7 Subscription Database and import into Version 6 Standalone manually (so it would be a form of manual sync)?

!! Question 2 is also pretty important for me to know, as I could potentially use the older version as an offline last resort backup, in case I lose the Secret Key for the Version 7 Subscription.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Istvan!

1) will Version 7 Subscription and Version 6 Standalone sync between each other or not?

Not directly, since they would be using two different sync methods: 1Password.com and Dropbox. However, you can add your 1Password account to the 1Password 6 app, and your Dropbox vault to the 1Password 7 app, to have both vaults in both apps.

2) Manual sync: could I export Version 7 Subscription Database and import into Version 6 Standalone manually (so it would be a form of manual sync)?

If you added your 1Password account to the 1Password 6 app, there is an easier way as you can just move items from one vault to another:

Move and copy items

This discussion has been closed.