I have created a new password for Iphone but is not syncing with the MAC standalone software?

cherrypay
cherrypay
Community Member

Is this normal, is it safer to have different master keys?

Now I have on mobile 4 word password and I mac 4 numbers.

What's the best setup?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Big Sur 11.4
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cherrypay!

1Password should unlock with the same Master Password, unless you configured your devices differently. The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

If you look at your vault list on your devices in the 1Password app, do you see different vaults? The fact that items are not syncing for you suggests that you might be using different vaults or sync methods.

• cherrypay
    cherrypay
    Community Member

Thank you, problem solved!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @cherrypay, I am glad I could help :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.