1Password 7.7.810 Beta for Windows is available!

MikeT
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi folks,

Happy Friday!

We have a nice update for you today with a lot of improvements and bug fixes.

Changelog

7.7.810 Beta (Release Candidate) released on 06/14/2021

[IMPROVED] Updated our translations with the latest from our incredible translators on Crowdin. {OPW-5035}
[IMPROVED] Updated our diagnostics tool to report if Edge or Chrome has a group policy set to block 1Password in the browser from communicating with 1Password for Windows app. {OPW-5039}
[FIXED] Fixed a crash where saving a new item via 1Password in the browser may crash the 1Password desktop app if there are no vaults to save to due to travel mode or lack of valid app access. {OPW-5036}

7.7.809 Beta released on 06/10/2021

[IMPROVED] The keyboard shortcut Control + Delete has been reassigned to archiving items instead of deleting. {OPW-0533}
[FIXED] After archiving an item with the keyboard shortcut, the arrow up or down key did not select the item above or below the currently selected item. {OPW-5034}

7.7.808 Beta released on 06/04/2021

[IMPROVED] Improved accessibility and compatibility with NVDA to announce the lock view's password field and to announce when the password is incorrect. {OPW-5026, OPW-5029}
[IMPROVED] Compatibility update for the upcoming 1Password in the browser update to work with secret key updates. {OPW-5025}
[IMPROVED] When removing standalone vaults, we'll include the count of both the active items and archived items in our confirmation dialog to clarify how many items will be deleted. {OPW-5021}
[IMPROVED] File fields created in 1Password for Linux app can now be shown with its file name and its file can be saved. {OPW-!2495}
[FIXED] Do not allow items with file(s) to be moved or copied between 1Password accounts or other 1Password regions as it is not currently supported {OPW-5024}
[FIXED] The Archive window mentioned viewing the Recently Deleted items in the File Menu but it is available on the web site instead for the moment. {OPW-5020}
[FIXED] It wasn't possible to insert the tab character in the multi-line text fields within the Medical Record items. {OPW-5030}
[FIXED] Updated the 1Password trial information on the welcome tour. {OPW-5023}
[FIXED] Fixed a few crashes that were reported to us, thank you for submitting these reports to us. {OPW-!2510}
[SECURITY] Made improvements toward our process memory protections. {OPW-5005}

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks for this great update @MikeT ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike and the whole team, you are very welcome :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Naxterra:

That would be a nice feature, but it looks like it's not possible to do securely at the moment (see this post from my colleague Blake). You mention however that you know that this can be done securely, so if you would like to share the details I am sure our developers will find that useful :+1:

• @Naxterra

I think the "an elevated process on the machine could potentially access the key. If you choose to use Windows Hello" pretty much covers the main reason as to why we don't allow Windows Hello to be used without first entering your Master Password.

This is something we'd certainly love to revisit in the future, should things change, but there are no plans to change this behavior at this point in time.

• Hi folks,

We just released a small bug fix update just now;

[IMPROVED] The keyboard shortcut Control + Delete has been reassigned to archiving items instead of deleting. {OPW-0533}
    [FIXED] After archiving an item with the keyboard shortcut, the arrow up or down key did not select the item above or below the currently selected item. {OPW-5034}

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks guys! :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

One thing which should be changed in the German version of 1Password.

"Archivieren" has to be "Archiv"

But, when right-clicking an entry, "Archivieren" is the correct wording. ;)

Maybe you could fix this? :+1:

• @DenalB, just so I have this right:

Archiv is the correct German translation for the noun version, so Archive in the sidebar.

Archivieren is the correct translation for the verb version as in archiving the item.

Correct?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes. That’s definitely right, @MikeT . :+1:

• Thanks, I'll flag it for our translation team, unfortunately, it won't make the cut for the next release as it is already being built as we speak.

• Hi folks,

We've just shipped our release candidate (7.7.810) with a few bug fixes. We're aiming to ship this build to the stable channel tomorrow.

[IMPROVED] Updated our translations with the latest from our incredible translators on Crowdin. {OPW-5035}
    [IMPROVED] Updated our diagnostics tool to report if Edge or Chrome has a group policy set to block 1Password in the browser from communicating with 1Password for Windows app. {OPW-5039}
    [FIXED] Fixed a crash where saving a new item via 1Password in the browser may crash the 1Password desktop app if there are no vaults to save to due to travel mode or lack of valid app access. {OPW-5036}

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@MikeT

Thanks, I'll flag it for our translation team, unfortunately, it won't make the cut for the next release as it is already being built as we speak.

Thank you very much for investigating! :+1:

• Blake
    edited June 2021

:)

• Hi folks,

We've released 1Password 7.7.810 to the stable channel this morning. And something else....

😊 Check...this...out: https://blog.1password.com/1password-8-for-windows-is-now-in-early-access/

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Oh @MikeT ! You made my day! Looking great... I wanna try it. :)

• 🤘

• dsouzadrian
    dsouzadrian
    Community Member

Tried the new 1Password. Love the new redesign. Great work guys.

Has the smaller 1Pass window been taken out ? The one that I could bring up with the "Ctrl + Alt + \" shortcut in 1Pass 7.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@dsouzadrian

Has the smaller 1Pass window been taken out ?

It is not implemented yet.

• @dsouzadrian

Here's a thread where we've discussed 1Password Mini within 1Password 8 for Windows, give it a look! 👀

https://1password.community/discussion/121552/1password-mini-is-gone-now-not-implemented#latest

This discussion has been closed.